Curated Educational Resources
- More than 425,000 educator-curated, open-educational resources (OERs) from the Lesson Planet by Learning Explorer and MosaicTM by ACT® digital learning libraries.
- The Pixabay image library, containing over 2.4 million high-quality stock images.
- More than two million classroom-ready, educational videos* from 300+ trusted content creators such as PBS, TED-Ed, Smithsonian, SciShow, Minute Earth, and more.
- CommonLit – Lexile-leveled reading passages.
- Georgia Public Broadcasting
- Physics in Motion
- Chemistry Matters
- Georgia Studies
- Georgia Stories
- Georgia Virtual Learning Journeys
- National Geographic Education Resource Library
- Paths to Literacy – Teacher resources to help the visually impaired.
* Powered by our partner BoclipsTM, these two million+ rights-ready, short-form videos are sourced exclusively from educational brands, curated to support subject domains across all age levels, and are free from advertising and inappropriate content.
District Licensed Products
Below is the current list of supported publisher products accessible in Learning Explorer. Districts need to be separately licensed with the publishers of these supported publisher products to access them within Learning Explorer. Please ask us if your favorite publisher product is not yet on our list.
- BFW Publishers – Select AP resources:
- American Government
- America’s History
- Environmental Science
- European History
- BrainPOP and BrainPOP Jr.
- Career Solutions Publishing
- Career Launcher – The Integrated Career Pathways Curriculum
- Clairmont Press – US State Histories
- Discovery Education Experience
- Gale, A Cengage Company – Age-appropriate, evidence-based eBooks curated into the following SEL collections:
- Cameron’s Camp for Wellness
- Cameron’s Collection
- Custom SEL collections
- Career and Technical Education for grades 6-12
- Health and Wellness Education for grades 6-12
- HMH Science Dimensions
- HMH Social Studies
- McGraw Hill – Select resources:
- An Introduction to Astronomy
- Chemistry: Matter and Change
- Environmental Science: A Global Concern
- Holes’ Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Physical Science
- United States History and Geography
- Understanding Economics
- Understanding Economics
- MusicFirst – Music resources for grades 5-12
- Newsela Essentials
- Newsela Science
- Newsela Social Studies
- Newsela ELA
- Newsela SEL
- QuaverMusic – PK-8 general music curriculum
- Studies Weekly – Elementary social studies curriculum:
- California, Florida and Texas (Español)
All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries. All company, product and service names used in this document are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
|No||Up to 5 supported Publisher Products||Any number of supported Publisher Products|
Integrated Learning Object Repository (LOR)
Central store for information about all educational resources accessible to district based on product Edition licensed, and can ultimately support district resources, open educational resources (OERs) and third-party publisher resources separately licensed by the district.
Unified Resource Search and Discovery
Search and review all resources accessible via the LOR at the same time, powered by comprehensive resource metadata such as subject, grade, standards, resource type, instructional strategy, resource rating, Lexile®, etc.
Drag and Drop Lesson and Curriculum Builder
Easy to use lesson and curriculum builder — simply drag and drop resources into lesson collections and drag and drop lessons within the curriculum framework that you define.
Google Tools Integration
Teachers can seamlessly integrate their existing resources stored in Google such as Docs, Forms, Slides, Sheets, Drawings and Jamboards directly into lessons created with Learning Explorer and resources from the LOR.
Seamless Lesson Player
Students interact with lessons and their resources via a playlist experience delivered in a seamless, secure player than can be run directly in a browser or linked by the teacher via a digital learning system.
Content manager for controlling user visibility to resources in the LOR and standard reporting for system, resource and lesson collection usage.
Sharing and Collaboration for Teams
Features to support collaboration between colleagues and teams such as PLCs, such as lesson sharing and team-based review and editing.
Advanced Search and Discovery
Advanced navigation in the search and discovery process to support resources from certain third-party publishers of core curriculum.
Seamless LMS Integration
Teachers can search and assign individual resources or entire lesson collections from Learning Explorer directly in Google Classroom, Canvas or Schoology, and students enjoy lesson and resource access via the Learning Explorer player right inside the LMS.
Enhanced Administration Tools
Enhanced permission management in the resource content manager, expanded usage reporting and even brand Learning Explorer with your district’s logo.
District Resource Sharing
Teachers and curriculum departments can store and manage existing district resources and metadata in the LOR for all teachers to search and use in lesson collections. Lesson collections built by teachers or curriculum departments can also be published to the LOR so they are searchable and reusable by all teachers across the district.
A flexible curriculum management framework to allow districts to provide teachers with as little or as much curriculum guidance as they wish. Supports simple or complex curriculum frameworks all the way through to complete curriculum with district created course, units and/ or lessons.
Integration with other Digital Learning Systems
LTI and API integration of Learning Explorer with other digital learning systems such as assessment systems and parent communication and engagement systems.
Advanced Administration Tools
Workflow and permission management for district published resources and lesson collections, and advanced usage reporting and analytics.